And gently lead those that are with young. Isaiah 40:11

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Finding Sleep In Our Heavenly Father's Arms

Doesn't it warm your heart to see a little baby toddle toward the arms of their parent? Their parents' arms represent love, safety, acceptance, and rest. These are the arms that reach out when they are hurt, afraid, or tired. They rock them to sleep, they lift them with joy in the morning.

Sometimes we can feel exhausted by trying to meet all of the needs of our families. Many of us suffer from chronic sleep-deprivation. We seem to become accustomed to it, forgetting what a full night's sleep feels like. Perhaps today we can try to climb into the lap of our Lord and get some rest.

Our Heavenly Father wants to lift us into His loving arms and carry us. He longs to rock us to sleep at the end of our day, for we are his children.

PRAYER: Lord, I come to you today as Your child, as Your little girl.I know You have Your arms wrapped around me and my child. Thank You for reminding me to rest. Help me to find some time to be still, to close my eyes. Relieve me from the burden of fatigue this day. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Love,

Theresa

No comments: